Shtuff About Me....

Someone who loves the Lord and loves to have a good time with her friends...at times crazy, but loves to be an encouragement to others.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

learning things..........

this title explains what i've been doing the past two days....one thing that i've come to a realization about, is that you never stop learning, or perfecting yourself. We will never stop figuring things out about ourselves, our strengths,and our weaknesses..... One weakness of mine that i've come to realize, is my failure to practice the advice that i give. When you do this, you begin to lose your effectiveness for God, because people see you as a hipocrite. it's exactly as the Bible says,"you must pull the beam out of your own eye, before trying to pull the splinters out of others" (not word for word perfect, but i think you get the idea)you have to be ready for people to look at the life of the one thats challenging them on what they're doing wrong. maybe this means that you or i need to get some things right before challenging others. if we have our life right with our Savior then we have nothing to worry about. another thing i was thinking about........ God says that we must put others before ourselves, but yet in this, the Bible says to take care of yourself BEFORE others/ judge yourself before others.hhhmmmm...... thats somethin' to think on.
well, until my brain starts wandering again...........
adios

p.s. i hope that certain individuals/casual friends are having a good time in the random parts of lafayette, indiana;)

3 Comments:

  • At 4/4/06 7:26 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    true... listen dani, I love you, really. Like I've told rw, I don't say things because they sound good. This internet controversy... It's killin me, literally. Inside and out. No more war, no more.

     
  • At 4/4/06 9:48 PM, Blogger Julie Alexander said…

    Good point, Peanut (whoops, I let that one slip)!

    I Cor. 9:24-27 Says:
    Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body and bring it into subjection: let that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway."

    Stay in the race! I'm proud of you.

     
  • At 5/4/06 5:38 AM, Blogger La Profesora said…

    Certain casual friends had fun in random parts of the Atlanta airport :) Flight was delayed until yesterday. But, the eagle finally landed in Indiana.

    This was a great post, Danielle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home