Shtuff About Me....

Someone who loves the Lord and loves to have a good time with her friends...at times crazy, but loves to be an encouragement to others.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

God Said No......

I asked God to take away my habit
God said, No
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole
God said, No.
His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.
Patience is a byproduct of tribulations;
it isn't granted, it is learned.
I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.
I give you blessing; Happiness is up to you.
I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
and brings you closer to me.
I asked god to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.
You must grow on your own!
but i will prune you to make you fruitful.
I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.
I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
God said.....Ahhhhh, finally you have the idea.
this peom is one that a friend of mine gave me.... it helped opened my eyes(you might say) to two things........first, you have to meet God half way, you have to "work at" what you want to change, but, He'll give you the strength to work.Second, so many times we ask god for things that we need, with no concern to what others are feeling or going through. Ask ggod to help others, and get specific.
THE DAY IS YOURS DON'T THROW IT AWAY
i luv you all
dani
P.S. "To the world you might be one person,but to one personyou might just be the world

23 Comments:

  • At 6/4/06 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to steal my quote...

     
  • At 6/4/06 2:00 PM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    who is anonymous?

     
  • At 6/4/06 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    who'd you get that quote...

     
  • At 6/4/06 2:29 PM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    which quote? "to the world you might be one person"....?

     
  • At 6/4/06 3:34 PM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    oh thats nice...lol who are you?
    i've heard that quote many times, i'm sorry, i didn't mean to steal anything...:)

     
  • At 6/4/06 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaha, shut up

     
  • At 6/4/06 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a shame... no originality. "Moosen", "shtuff". Give me a break.

     
  • At 6/4/06 3:59 PM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    who are you, please tell me...

     
  • At 6/4/06 4:09 PM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    you dont even know me......

     
  • At 6/4/06 4:23 PM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    i'm sorry that you feel the way you do.....and i don't know who you are, but have the decency to LAY OFF, and quit commenting here if you have nothin good or encouraging to say.thank you...

     
  • At 6/4/06 5:20 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    ya know pal, if you don't lay off, you'll regret it. Me and my homies will track you down and beat you to a bloody pulp... Danielle, I don't mean to become angry in front of you... but I might have to go back into martial arts for this sucka. I got your back dani :)

     
  • At 6/4/06 5:51 PM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    like thats hard to figure out...whatever, i dont care who you are, nor do i have any wish to know.... say what you want, you don't intimidate me in the slightest...

     
  • At 6/4/06 5:54 PM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    im not blonde...

     
  • At 6/4/06 6:00 PM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    and by the way,thanx jeff....i appreciate it...:)

     
  • At 6/4/06 6:02 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    Oh... any day for a friend like you dani. Time to hack... for you dani. ;)

     
  • At 6/4/06 6:04 PM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    yeah! i even thought about that when this little worm got on here...you told me you could. ooooo....im excited!

     
  • At 6/4/06 6:24 PM, Blogger La Profesora said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6/4/06 7:40 PM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    whoever this is...i hope you have a wonderful day. and maybe that wonderful day will cure you of any bad mood or any need to be unkind. please do not be mean, there is no need. if you do know me, and i have wronged you in some way that you feel the need to be this way toward me, then come and talk to me about it, i will not be angry or unkind to you.God bless you, i'll be praying for you...

     
  • At 6/4/06 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is not the same anonymous as before. Whoever that was you better not friekin come back here and harass her...even if you stop, if I find out who you are, very bad things will happen. I don't care if you're from church or not. so step off. Peace out Dani. Luv ya babe.

     
  • At 7/4/06 4:14 AM, Blogger Julie Alexander said…

    While I appreciate the protective spirit of Danielle's friends, a few ugly comments are no cause for the threatening of bloodshed! Go to my blog and read the post on over-reacting. I more appreciate the spirit of Danielle's last post. It's all good...If we do, perchance, find out who the original anon is...there will be no call for violence, or anger...but thanks for caring.

     
  • At 7/4/06 5:29 AM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    thankyou to both of you my friends....but its ok.God loves this person too,i realize that.:)the Bible says to love them that hate you, bless them that curse you, and do good to them which despitefully use you.i said all that to say this....its ok...im not hurt or anything, calm down.:)and i love you too....whoever you are.;)

     
  • At 7/4/06 8:47 AM, Blogger Sage said…

    I found out who it was... remember the "person who hates everyone"... hacked him... hehehe

     
  • At 14/4/06 5:42 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Well--whoever it was, you definately didn't steal his quote Dani. He obviously wasn't using it in the first place, and even though he called YOU dumb---he's the one who evidentally couldn't grasp the point of your post. Anonymous--find something else to do. Try "being the world to someone" (since that quote is so important to you)
    Anyway, way to go Dani! I Loved your post--very thought provoking. I like the way you think...
    LUV you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home