Shtuff About Me....

Someone who loves the Lord and loves to have a good time with her friends...at times crazy, but loves to be an encouragement to others.

Monday, June 19, 2006

God's hand at work...

For these past 2 weeks, I've seen so many great things happen for God's glory!!! first we had VBS last week, where i was able to meet 1 especially wonderful girl, that just tugged at my heart. one of them came into the classroom and you could just tell through her eyes that she was angry. she just had this bitterness about her. as if she was mad at you...the whole time she was slumped down in her chair and glaring around the room. i took her out of the classroom, not because she was being bad, but because i wanted to ask her what was wrong. when i asked her, tears just started pouring down her cheeks, and she just grabbed me and held me for a few minutes. it was as if she just wanted someone to care enough about her, to ask her. i sat her down and she told me that there was nothing wrong, but she just felt upset. i then began to tell her how much i and Jesus love her, and she began crying and told me that she didn't know that she was loved this much. i asked her to come downstairs with me durind the invitation and listen to one of the counsilors, and she agreed. she did come with me when we went, and she got saved!!!!prasie the Lord!!!! it was then time for our snack, and whe i came by her to give her, her cookies, this girl that was once so full of anger, looked up at me, and with tears in her eyes, said thank you. thank you for caring about me...

there is nothing like it....what a little thing it is to take a someone out in the hall, and tell them that Jesus loves them. yet so many times we pass it up. i think of all the other times i could have done something like this, and didn't. and then i think that that little girl or boy that could still be walking aroung with this anger in him, because he still does not know of God's love. i hope and pray that i will start taking advantage of opportunities like this one...how amazing, that God could use someone like me, to do His work!!!!

God bless!!!!

dani

8 Comments:

  • At 19/6/06 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i did not know that she got saved, that is awesome.

     
  • At 21/6/06 5:26 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    Wow... I see whta you mean. Well, once again... I guess... no, I need to apologize publicaly for being "negative" about the film that sam topher and dan made. But, I think that as I've seen it from your guys' point of view... how bout givin me a chance to say something without being verbally beat down, ok? I just though it was cruel how you guys were kinda makin fun of t's script... because he may not be cut out for those kind of things... but there's no need to mock someone for a little failure. I too was partly involved inj this tainted mocking of the script... but I think I have the right attitude now. Lemme ask you guys something... would you of shown terrance the movie, and said all that you said to eachother and me while he could hear you? I hope not. No, this isn't a personal vendetta where I want to pick a fight... I'm just trying to show you that it was wrong. Well, If you don't get what I'm trying to say now... I guess you never will. I love you guys, and I never once had the intention of making anyone mad by this... so please just hold your tongue... and read this. Thanx for lettin me comment dani. Later.


    Oh yeah dani... I think thats great what you did, and I'm proud.

     
  • At 22/6/06 4:39 AM, Blogger Julie Alexander said…

    Jeff, you make some good points. A good gauge for how we are behaving is to think about how we would act if that person were in the room. Thanks for your comments and for challenging us to be more thoughtful. Missing you and still praying you home.

     
  • At 22/6/06 9:34 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    That is wonderful Dani.

    It's also wonderful that you, like your Mom, have the ability and the god-given gift to witness to others.

     
  • At 22/6/06 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dani..... you are so right. We each need to take advantage of the little opportunities that God gives us to reach others with His love. I miss you and hope you will be well enough to come back to church soon.

     
  • At 22/6/06 5:42 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    Thanx older lady mugga... email me sometime, I could use the typing practice j/k... hehe

     
  • At 22/6/06 5:42 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    Thanx older lady mugga... email me sometime, I could use the typing practice j/k... hehe

     
  • At 23/6/06 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Dani,
    while we were at the Bible Club today, i rode around with Mrs. Liedtke and we were talking about how sad it is that these kids that we are ministring to on Friday morning have nothing. And they seem to be just as happy as any other kid, or maybe even happier. I just felt like i was going to cry. Cause these kids dont have a lot but every Friday we get to come and share Jesus with them and that is worth more than all the stuff in the world.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home