Shtuff About Me....

Someone who loves the Lord and loves to have a good time with her friends...at times crazy, but loves to be an encouragement to others.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Life is like a vapor....

Life is too short...Life is too short to hold a grudge, life is too short to not say "i love you" to those that you hold dearest to your heart, life is too short to not do everything that you possibly can for your Savior, life is too short to not be reaching the lost every time you can...but the one I realized tonight is, life is to short to hold bitterness in your heart. We had a great message in church tonight, and he didn't really even speak on bitterness, he spoke on prayer. But he did ask, why don't we pray specifically to God for things that we want and things that we need....

My dad is not a Christian, and when I was little I prayed for him daily. But then as I got older things that he did started affecting me more, because I understood what he was doing to himself and me. I have to say, sadly, that I stopped praying about his salvation. Sure, I prayed about it when I thought about it, but I didn't think about it. I was angry at my dad for hurting me, but yet, my anger wasn't and isn't hurting him. It's hurting me, and my testimony. My bitterness could be hurting the work that God is trying to accomplish. And I could be the only Christian influence that my dad ever sees. Before I get angry I need to stop and pray for my dad, pray specifically that he will get saved, and soon. Being bitter is just not worth it...there isn't enough time to be a witness as it is, why waste the precious time that i do have?

So I challenge you all, to be thinking if there is anyone that you have not forgiven, that you are holding bitterness against....life is too short.

5 Comments:

  • At 25/6/06 7:40 PM, Blogger yoshi said…

    wow. right on. good job, kid. i can see why el pato likes you so much. he deffinately made a good choice.
    and i know what you mean about hating the father...it really does ruin you. i'm glad you've seen that and turned it around.

     
  • At 25/6/06 7:45 PM, Blogger yoshi said…

    oh, btw, i hold the record on my blog for most comments on a post. its 137. hehehe....when ya don't have im, its sorta like a really slow version. me and some friends were really bored.

     
  • At 25/6/06 7:56 PM, Blogger jAkE said…

    You're totally right Dani, I think I'm gonna post about it on my blog. thanks for the idea. Oh, and sorry I haven't posted in so long. Peace out sista.

     
  • At 26/6/06 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent, Dani. This is one issue that I have personally had to deal with for years. I am glad that you didn't choose to harbor the bitterness. Good for you! And,by the way, I have seen the changes you have made in the past year and I am impressed :)

     
  • At 26/6/06 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey,its quiet me from church/school. wow, ive actually been dealing with this subject for awhile.ive felt the exact same way about someone in my family and though i came to the same conclusion,i still find myself becoming bitter...i'll pray for your strength in the Lord and ask if you do so for me too

     

Post a Comment

<< Home