Shtuff About Me....

Someone who loves the Lord and loves to have a good time with her friends...at times crazy, but loves to be an encouragement to others.

Friday, December 15, 2006

God's subtle blessings...

God has been working in my life. And I think it has been more subtle than other times. As many if not all of you know i have been sick for about 3 or 4 months. And hoefully this last surgery I had(appendectamy) has been the source of a pain that I've been having in my side for the last few months.
For many years, well ever since my first years of junior high and highschool, I had struggled with my grades. But this year god has given me the grace to maintain a B+ average. And I have or had come upon many opportunities concerning my voice. Then I got sick. These past few onths have been such a humbling experience. And I've learned so much. I learned that God gives but God also takes away. But that fact does not mean that He is not also filled with mercy and grace. But knowing that He gives and takes away means that we cannot trust so much in what He gives but more what He is. He may choose to give mercy or not to give mercy, but that does not change the fact that He is merciful. He may choose to give me good health or to not give me good health, but this does not change the fact that He loves me and that He knows what I need nd that over-all He has my best interest at heart. And overall He is perfect.

i want to share a song with you that says what I'm trying to say:

Thy way not mine o Lord however dark it be;
Lead me by thine own hand choose out the path for me;
Smooth let it be or rough it will be still the best;
winding or straight it leads right onward to thy rest.

I dare not choose my lot ;
I would not if I might;
Choose thou for me my God so I shall walk aright.
Take thou my cu and it with joy or sorrow fill,
as best to thee may seem choose thoug my good and ill.

Choose thou for me my friends my sickness or my health;
Choose thou my cares for me , my poverty or wealth.
Not mine, not mine the choice in things both great and small;
Be thou my guide my strength my wisdom and my all.
BE THOU MY GUIDE MY STRENGTH MY WISDOM AND MY ALL!!!!!


I love this song.

Something a dear friend of mine told me that has stayed with me for a long time is" God is just setting you up for a blessing". And yes it is true that God can punish men by taking things from them, by sickness or loss. But God also is proving his faithful ones everyday, we see this by the struggles and trials that Job went through. God was proving his servant. Not only proving his servant to satan but i believe that God was also trying to prove Job to himself. When nothing is wrong we are not sick we have not lost anything of great importance to us, it is easy for us to sit back and say that we are faithful. But everything changes when you are the one that is going through a tough time, and that is when our true character comes to light. And not only do the people around us see us fr what we are, but we see urselves for what we are. It is those individuals that realize that they are nothing without Christ that go through these trials and survive, and take something out of them and are able to be a testimony to others. These individuals' spirits are not dampened and their testimony is not questioned, and their love for their Lord is proved and varified.

This is the Christain that we all need to be striving to be. I would never question our God's love, but does He have to sit and question your love or faithfulness in the face of trial or diversity. We all need to strive to be more like Job, whose love was kindled not faded by the struggles and loss that he faced.

But that we might hear these words spoken by Christ when we reach heaven's gates:
"Well done thy good and faithful servant"

in Christ,
Danielle

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home