Shtuff About Me....

Someone who loves the Lord and loves to have a good time with her friends...at times crazy, but loves to be an encouragement to others.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Why speak so quickly?

Have you ever made the mistake of speaking too quickly? Or saying something in anger that right after you say it, you feel like kicking yourself? And yes, maybe some one wronged you, but yet, was it really necessary? I have a habit of doing this on occasion. I don't realize what I've said or done until a little while after I've done it. It is a great test of humility, because after I realize what I've done, I have to swallow my pride and tell that person I'm sorry. And I don't know about any of you but I don't like admitting when I'm wrong.

Many people say that getting saved is nothing...in the way that it is very easy to ask the Lord into your heart. But yet being the very prideful generation that we are it is hard to admit that we have sinned. And having to put ourselves under another being's control. "Letting go of the reigns/steeringwheel of our life"

Which brings me onto another point that I have a hard time letting go. Pastor Amsbaugh preached on this in our chapel about a week ago. Many times in my measley attempt to fix a problem in my own strength, I mess my problem up even worse than it was before. But if I were to have trusted God and would totally given it to God I most likely would not have had the problem to begin with. But the time that I finally realize to do this, I'm at the end of myself, and have no where else to turn. When will I learn to turn to my amazing God, who at the sound of my cry for help wouldn't hesitate for a second to answer that cry with the soothing whisper of His plan for my life. Why do I so many times over look the answer to everything, when it's staring me right in the face? Lord forgive for being blind, I'm so gratefully reminded of your love for me each time that I look in the mirror and see the awful wretch that you saved by your amazing grace.

thoughts by,
Danielle

14 Comments:

  • At 19/12/06 12:42 PM, Blogger La Profesora said…

    awesome post, Danielle. because we have an awesome God! :) Hope you are recuperating quickly.

     
  • At 19/12/06 8:48 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    Yes everyone, danielle and me could almost pass of as siblings.

    1)loud moths and sharp tongues
    2)very opinionated
    3)independant (to say the least)
    4) totally awesome (hehe)

    some of the many traits we share ;)




    get better danielle... word

     
  • At 20/12/06 4:42 AM, Blogger La Profesora said…

    mr deff jeff - you described yourself pretty well. However i don't see those same characteristics in Danielle. But, you are "siblings" in the body of Christ. :)

     
  • At 20/12/06 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it wasn't an attack as I think u may have seen it. Just "horsing around".

     
  • At 21/12/06 8:36 AM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    it's ok jeff. You and I know that I've had my own struggles with speaking too quickly. I am opinionated and I do tend to be too dependant on myself as I said in my previous post. We all have weak moments, and Jeff you've probably seen more of them than a lot of others.:)

     
  • At 26/12/06 3:56 PM, Blogger Eliwood said…

    That last paragraph reminded me of when Pastor Carnes said that it's always better to heed wise advice from others and the Bible rather than "learn the hard way" by executing the things we are in doubt about doing.

    Jeff, you might want to think longer and harder about how you're going to say things before you say them, especially on a site viewable by anybody, because you might think it's just 'horsing around,' but you never know how others see it.

     
  • At 4/1/07 8:59 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    here's the thing, I commented for DANIELLE, no one else. I only care what she gets out of it. so yeah.

     
  • At 5/1/07 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    by the way, it was a JOKE people... yeah.

     
  • At 5/1/07 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you didn't comment just for Danielle - it says "yes everyone . . ."

     
  • At 6/1/07 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it said "yes everyone" as if acknowledging some fake group of people to introduce the joke. Yes everyone, reading the whole comment without taking things out of context and twisting it IS beneficial to understanding...

     
  • At 10/1/07 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaha. "roast it over a small flame" lol. you could try scissors. or maybe a really big pencil sharpener. thats sick.

     
  • At 26/1/07 11:17 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Dani!
    It's been so long-I thought I'd check up on you!
    You're post is amazing--but then again, I expected no less. :)
    I was looking through my tour pictures from last year when I remembered that I pretty much haven't talked to you at all.
    But I haven't forgotten you--so I thought I'd just drop off a little encouragement. Your love for God is beautiful (like your profile pic. :)) and your sensitivity to sin shows that you're growing closer to the Savior you love so much.
    Good luck in school--love you!

     
  • At 28/1/07 7:52 PM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    I don't know if anyone is going to read this comment but just because, ijust want all of you to lay off jeff a little bit. i know that some of the things that he used to say were a little..."erking" and not needed. but he's changed a lot, and i know what he was saying. He is a very honest(maybe to a fault) human, but then again so are a lot of us. We all look at things differently, that's how God made us. But let's not try to start something, and just for the record, it sometimes bothers me that people comment "anonymous", and also for the record, i know that some of you may take this the wrong way and say"then why do i leave it on there as an option", and that is because i want you to be able to remain anonymous if you want to, whatever floats your boat. it just irritates me a little. but that's ok. talk to you later you all.(aka ya'll)

     
  • At 19/2/07 2:25 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    thanks for that... I don't know about erking, but why not? hehehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home